Madelines Memory

A Little Bit About.....

My photo
Madeline was my grandmother on my mother's side. She was an amazing little Irish woman. How blessed we were to have her. Not a day goes by that I don't miss her. I am the wife of my bestfriend, the mother of four amazing kids ages 25, 22, 17 and 4. I am a grandma to 2 beautiful little boys and the mom-in-law to a terrific man. I come from a big wonderful family. My parents are my idols. My dad was always the silent one and my mom was the "tough" one. I have so much admiration for them and love being their daughter. I have 4 sisters and one brother, but I only have 3 surviving sisters now. My sister Michele passed away suddenly in 1989. I married into an amazing Italian family. I believe in God and Angels, and Ghosts. Not bad ones, but ones that just can't decide if they should stay or go. I believe that if you want something bad enough, you just need to believe and it will be yours. I believe that everyone means something to someone and this life without you would be miserable.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Murrieta's Birthday Bash...and Stevie Nicks

Well, the birthday bash was a big success. The city of Murrieta put on another great bash this year. I did manage to be a little more like Martha Stewart(with some Rachel thrown in) by making hummus dip, cut up veggies, cupcakes (which I did not decorate like the flag, but did buy little flag picks to put in them....but didn't) and then bought fried chicken, pasta salad and pea salad. I also brought pears and brie and a case of water. We had a great time and it wasn't quite as hot this year as it has been in the past soooooo...that was even better.
The Fireworks, as always, were spectacular especially when you sit right underneath them!!





The very BEST part of the day was when the main band was playing and was about 3/4 into their set...the lead singer started talking about how he and this woman were friends and how she had come and sang with him in the past. We were all half listening when the next thing out of his mouth was "Please welcome Miss Stevie Nicks!" What? What did he just say? Stevie Nicks? In Murrieta? Needless to say I and my hubby made a beeline for the stage, camera in hand and with eyes wide and singing along to "Stop Draggin my Heart Around" I got these pics (my camera is a little slow so I got her back a lot)




I am sorry I didn't take any pics of the food, my kids or the people there. I don't know what I was thinking....but I think these were the biggest things that day.
I hope you all have a great week and I will see on Pink Saturday

4 comments:

  1. How F.U.N. I wish I could have gone! She's amazing and brings back so many great memories from the 70's! OK, I have to go get ready for my movie now....read the books! It makes a huge difference.
    Love from the GEEK

    ReplyDelete
  2. This, unfortunately, is not Stevie Nicks. An impersonator from a tribute band performed this song, it was announced after the performance. She was good, tho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW what a bummer!! I didn't hear them say it wasn't her! In fact, someone behind me said it wasn't her and others around we like "yes it is" so I assumed it was. I still thought she was pretty good....I am still going to say I saw Stevie Nicks. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY PINK SATURDAY SISTER DEAR! WHAT ARE YOU AND THE FAMILY GOING TO DO? MISS YOU..BISOU-BISOU
    MARCIA

    ReplyDelete