Madelines Memory

A Little Bit About.....

My photo
Madeline was my grandmother on my mother's side. She was an amazing little Irish woman. How blessed we were to have her. Not a day goes by that I don't miss her. I am the wife of my bestfriend, the mother of four amazing kids ages 25, 22, 17 and 4. I am a grandma to 2 beautiful little boys and the mom-in-law to a terrific man. I come from a big wonderful family. My parents are my idols. My dad was always the silent one and my mom was the "tough" one. I have so much admiration for them and love being their daughter. I have 4 sisters and one brother, but I only have 3 surviving sisters now. My sister Michele passed away suddenly in 1989. I married into an amazing Italian family. I believe in God and Angels, and Ghosts. Not bad ones, but ones that just can't decide if they should stay or go. I believe that if you want something bad enough, you just need to believe and it will be yours. I believe that everyone means something to someone and this life without you would be miserable.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

No Pink Saturday.....

Well, I have once again missed pink Saturday. I feel like I am always chasing my tail trying to keep up.
Ohhhh welllll....
Today we are going to the park to celebrate the 19th Birthday of our town becoming a city. (I guess that is one of the perks of living in a small town).
It is going to be fun, fun, fun. There is going to be food boothes, rides for the kids, music and in the end a HUGE fireworks display.
I have been racking my brain trying to figure out what to "make" for food (you know how pricey those boothes can be). One of my friends is going and she is the next Martha Stewart...soooo I need to bring my A game!! (if you know me, well you know I don't have an A game). I will be buying fried chicken and pea salad, sushi rolls and bottled water!! I did manage to make some homemade hummus with veggies and some strawberry cupcakes that I "plan" to decorate like the American flag...we shall see!!
I also plan on bringing Brie and pears....hhhhmmmm. I am more Rachel Rey rather than good old Martha.
Here are a few shots of the fireworks from last years celebration.
Happy Birthday Murrieta!!!
I hope you all have a fabulous weekend



5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful day & celebration, Madeline. Love your memory lane ...

    Have a lovely summer's eve ~
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! Wish I could join in the fun!!! Love you sister dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your town! I'm glad you dropped by, and we can still celebrate Pink Saturday with your pink fireworks!

    I'm laughing about your Martha Stewart friend! I have one of those, too, and she used to feed us when she lived here. She took pity on me, and I let her. LOL! ;-)

    Happy Pink Saturday to you...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How was it? Pictures!
    Hope you had fun....
    XO
    Frenchy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so hoping you are going to show us the cupcakes. :)

    ReplyDelete